Friday 2 October 2015

The Exterior

After a big hiatus I have completed some work on the rides exterior. The planters, paths and sign are all now in place, there is still some work to do on the building (adding doors and such) but I hav not worked out where the maintenance doors will be yet so this is still a work in progress.

As you can see, I have arranged the planters in the shape of the Horizons logo. I thought this might look tacky initially but having tried a couple of different approaches I actually like it like this. The sign sits in front of the large sphere but does not obscure it. That was one of my key focuses, the original ride building had the tall trees obscuring it. I plan to put the trees somewhere to the side so as to have the building visible as guests come up to it down the central partition. This will also serve a practical purpose for the telescope in the large 'eye'. The paths lead right round the building much like the original for maintenance and fire exits. As the ride uses the original system, fire exits are through the back of the vehicles. I plan to add more to this as I go along.
The sign is now complete, made to replicate the original almost exactly, the base it sits on is very simplistic but I think that it doesn't need to be complex, as long as it can hold the sign and look good doing so, which I feel it does. The working title is present of Horizons: Looking Back Into The Future, this is of course subject to change if I think of a better title (maybe just Horizons would suffice or New Horizons). There is still a lot more work to do, but I think its coming along quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment